Goal of Value-Based Payments
Replace fragmented, fee-for-service care with comprehensive, coordinated care using payment models that hold organizations accountable for cost control and quality gains. By advancing the triple aim of:
- Providing comprehensive and coordinated care for individuals
- Improving population health management strategies
- Reducing health care costs
“I believe that the culture of treating illness and emphasizing volume is slowly shifting to encouraging wellness and valuing quality. Annual wellness exams are a necessary part of that paradigm shift. People are living longer and healthier lives, and the focus on wellness is a change that is hopefully here to stay.”
– Thomas Coburn, MD CHI Saint Joseph Health Primary Care
Driven By Data
Value-Based care is driven by data. In many cases it is not the quality of the care that needs improvement, it’s documentation of that quality care.
When patients receive more coordinated, appropriate, and effective care, providers are rewarded.
Quality Reporting Resources
Our innovative care management strategy centers on the primary care component of health care. It is critical that primary care providers are connected seamlessly with all network providers, each with access to the tools and resources they need to provide the right care, at the right time, in the right place.
We use the most sophisticated and secure technology to:
- Monitor & report quality measures
- Produce patient-specific reports including open gaps in preventive care and risk stratification
- Access to data allowing you to make information-powered clinical decisions and reduce duplicative services
- CHI Saint Joseph Health Partners is your Kentucky-based resource for MACRA.
CHI Saint Joseph Health Partners monitors six different third-party payor shared savings/quality measure performance contracts, totaling 48 separate quality measures. Measures include preventative care screenings, immunizations, and completion of annual well visits as well as medications prescribed and monitored. Click on the tabs below to learn more about quality reporting resources.